Polonsky's Heavy Incendiary Cannon, or better known as the C30 Flamethrower, is one of Nero's most famously manufactured weapons. Considered too dangerous to be used on most missions, the C30 is a heavy flamethrower that is as deadly as it is rare.
During the years of 2009 and 2010, Nero officials were discovering more and more superbiological entities that could not be damaged by basic means, many of which included the firearms that agents often used. Because of this, Nero officials began a three-year development of "special-ammunition weapons" known as Project Salamander. Two weapons technicians that were employed during this time were Nicholas Polonsky and Samuel Bellamy. Noticing a large spike in fire-vulnerable entities, they began working on a secret weapon that, at the time, was known as Polonsky's Incinerator, but was changed once they completed it. Taking design ideas from several action movies they had seen, it is now recognized as a "weapon before it's time", appearing to be from a science-fiction film.
The C30 is used like the common flamethrower, by holding down a trigger that allows flammable gas from a removable tank to escape through the barrel, being lit by a single torch in the front of the weapon. The flamethrower itself uses small, custom made gas canisters that are meant to last up to a year in proper containment, and the gas inside is made up of a mixture of napalm and several undisclosed compounds.
The C30 is known for being very heavy, but small enough to be carried by basic infantry. With a full canister, it can weigh up to 55 lbs, and is roughly 2 feet and 8 inches long, without modifications.
- Length: 81 cm (32 in.)
- Unloaded Weight: 24.94 kg (55 lbs.)
- Loaded Weight: 22.226 kg (49 lbs.)
- Maximum Effective Range: 15.2 meters (50 feet)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +760°C (-40 to +1400°F)
- Ammunition: 3L-C30 tank (Napalm, Propane, "C30 Gas")
- Though the C30 is spoken of commonly throughout Nero, roughly 85% of Nero agents have never seen it used in combat, and another 70% have never seen it at all.
- There are only three disclosed locations that provide access to the C30; Nero Research Proxy, Atlantic Horizon 1, and Pacific Horizon Containment.